Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Injury Recovery and Physical Therapy

One major part of recovering from an injury has been rehabilitation and physical therapy. Some of the things that I have done to help heal and strengthen my knee have included:

  1. Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 3.22.01 PM.pngAfter my doctor's appointments and getting a diagnosis, my doctor sent me to physical therapy, where they had me do conditioning to strengthen my muscles around my knee. I did squats, balancing, stretches, and worked with a strength band.

  1. Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 1.41.42 PM.pngSwimming: My doctor recommended I get in the pool to help regain my strength and range of motion. My mom found lower body exercises online to help me rehab my knee. http://tinyurl.com/Keehn4Hswim

  1. Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 3.32.50 PM.pngWhen I wasn’t at physical therapy, I still had to take care of my knee. We used KT tape, a brace, and ice massages to relieve pressure and pain.

  1. My physical therapist tried many different techniques to help get rid of the pain in my knee. We did ultrasound therapy, electrotherapy, and he even worked on my knee with cocoa butter and weird tools.

  1. Because I’m still 100% better, I have to go back to Iowa City to have some needling done. This means they will make my knee numb and go in under ultrasound and poke my tendons with needles to try to get them to respond to the other treatments better.

No comments:

Post a Comment